Description of the job
Energy Efficiency Business Developer & Market Expert
R2M is currently seeking an experienced person to strengthen its market implementation capacities in energy efficiency and sustainability with focus on NZEB retrofits and ESCO activities where R2M’s competitive advantage is to leverage innovative technologies from its research portfolio. In parallel, the position will bring his/her experience to contribute to various energy efficiency and sustainability research projects in which R2M participates within the H2020 Framework Programme.
Role: Energy efficiency and sustainability expert
Location: Pavia (PV) – Italy
- Support clients in the development of energy efficient retrofits leveraging innovative financing mechanisms and incentive programs with a focus area being new NZEB requirements for public building retrofits and new build.
- Recommend sustainable and viable energy features, systems and network design for projects, quantify the energy and carbon flows and impacts of design options for projects
- Support in development and implementation of energy audits, energy efficiency solutions and other energy management activities (monitoring, analytics, fault detection);
- Support in the development of internal processes for the implementation of ESCO activities
- R2M Solution is the exclusive Italian and French Distributors of Onyx Solar (https://www.onyxsolar.com/). In this capacity, support the photovoltaic (BIPV) sales manager for providing a personalized client experience, building strong client relationships, meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Contribute to H2020 European R&D projects focused on energy efficiency and sustainability concepts to potentially also include renewable energy technologies and the smart grid. See descriptions of Hit2Gap, Energy Matching, 4RinEU, and Dr.BoB on the company website: http://www.r2msolution.com/research-projects/ );
- Travel in Italy for energy consultancy and in Europe for to represent R2M in R&D projects (15-20% of the time)
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Degree in energy/electrical/mechanical engineering, building engineering with focus on the energy sector (efficiency, management, smart grids or similar background);
- Experience of 1-3 years in either ESCOs, utilities, engineering companies working in energy efficiency or software companies developing and implementing Energy Management System (EMS) solutions;
- Knowledge of incentives schemes for energy efficiency and digitalization (Conto Termico 2.0, Detrazioni fiscali, Industria 4.0, Titoli di Efficienza Energetica);
- Understanding of economic practices and theories of energy and electricity markets
- Positive, proactive, creative and ability to deal with multiple tasks.
- Energy Management Expert (EGE – UNI 11339) certification is a plus;
- Proven experience with design & implementation of energy efficiency solutions, financial risk assessment for energy efficiency investment and/or management of energy efficiency incentives will constitute a plus.
- Knowledge of building envelope solutions (continuous and ventilated facades, glazing, skylights, ecc) is a plus
- Previous participation in EU research is a plus
- To be agreed based on the experience of the candidate
- Access to performance-based awards
Research to Market Solution is an innovation and technology transfer company with branches in Italy, France, Spain and the UK. We are involved in cutting edge R&D in the H2020 framework program with a deep focus on energy and energy efficiency in buildings, industry, districts and cities. We are also directly involved on the market in this area via LEED and BREEAM certification and consulting, dynamic energy simulation of buildings, districts and urban spaces, nature-based solutions simulation and consulting and support to efficient and sustainable construction processes (BIM/Facility management). R2M is a member and proponent of GBC Italia and directly supports the training and development of sustainability professionals in Italy. Important to this job position, R2M has recently formed an ESCO targeting NZEB retrofit.
R2M is dynamic, hard-working, flexible and fun. You can expect to make a direct impact on a more sustainable and efficiency Italy, Europe and world.
How to Apply:
Please sned CVs and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, it is difficult to hire based on a linkedin provile not supported by a CV and short introductory letter. Help us make the best possible assessment of your skills & experience.