Description of the job
H2020 Research & Innovation Engineer: Energy, Renewables and the Smart Grid
Overview: R2M is currently seeking a talented and driven individual to contribute to its research activities in projects related to energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies and the smart grid within the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme. In such projects, R2M conducts both technical and market implementation work – e.g. taking part in both the development of next generation technologies and connecting them to the market.
Role: Member of innovation division contributing to various projects with the growth trajectory to serve as project manager.
- Deliver high quality reports and results for European research and innovation projects involving energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies and the smart grid (see descriptions of DR-BOB, DRIvE, TABEDE, and PVSites on the company website: http://www.r2msolution.com/research-projects/);
- Support the innovation division manager in business development activities (starting with proposal development and innovation consulting support to 3rd parties);
- Travel in Italy for innovation consulting support and in Europe to represent R2M in R&D projects (15-20% of the time)
- Degree in energy/electrical /building engineering with focus on energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies or smart grids
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Excellent reporting skills both verbal and written
- Capacity to conduct research, organize work and produce results
- Comfortable in engaging stakeholders at the EU and national level to include workshops, conferences and dissemination events
- Previous experience with FP7 and H2020 European R&D projects is a plus;
- Proposal development skills is a plus
- Pragmatic and result-focussed attitude
- Team player, yet able to work independently
- To be agreed based on the experience of the candidate
- Access to performance-based awards
Research to Market Solution is an innovation and technology transfer company with branches in Italy, France, Spain and the UK. We are involved in cutting edge R&D in the H2020 framework program with a deep focus on energy and energy efficiency in buildings, industry, districts and cities. We are also directly involved on the market in this area via LEED and BREEAM certification and consulting, dynamic energy simulation of buildings, districts and urban spaces, nature-based solutions simulation and consulting and support to efficient and sustainable construction processes (BIM/Facility management). R2M is a member and proponent of GBC Italia and directly supports the training and development of sustainability professionals in Italy. R2M is the exclusive distributor of Onyx Solar (PV Glass), offers sales, training and support for the IESVE suite of environmental simulation software and has recently created a dedicated ESCO, R2M Energy.
R2M is dynamic, hard-working, flexible and fun. We partner with over 200 European organizations in our research portfolio and you can expect to make a direct impact on a more sustainable and efficiency Italy, Europe and world. Growth opportunities on the research side would entail the shaping of new proposal opportunities and becoming a project manager. Growth opportunities on the market side would include responsibilities in one of R2M product or service lines directly operating on the market.
How to Apply:
Please sned CVs and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, it is difficult to hire based on a linkedin provile not supported by a CV and short introductory letter. Help us make the best possible assessment of your skills & experience.