R2M offers sales support and training on IES VE, the most advanced dynamic building simulation and modeling software suite
IES VE is a powerful, Integrated Building Performance Model.
Whether working on a new build or renovation project, the VE allows designers to test different options, identify best passive solutions, compare low-carbon & renewable technologies, and draw conclusions on energy use, CO2 emissions, occupant comfort, and much more. A comprehensive tool to manage the integrative design and LEED and BREEAM rating system
IES VE Reseller and Support
R2M Solution srl is an Italian official reseller of IES VE software. Contact us for a quote and for any clarification regarding the software and its modules. We can assist you in the license request and in the software installation.
IES VE Training
R2M Solution srl provides training courses for practitioners or students. The most popular is our 2-Days training course that introduces dynamic building energy simulation, an overview of all the IES VE modules including the ones relating to detailed HVAC, sustainability certification, occupancy flows simulation etc and then focus on how to use IES VE for building energy simulation.
A great example of bringing technologies to new markets. After several years of EU projects collaboration R2M has become and IES VE distributor and started to create new opportunities in Italy for IES making this synergistic with the other R2M service offerings
IES Virtual Environment
How will we get geometry into IES?
– drawing of 3d model directly in ModelIT
– importing of gbXML
– IFC into IES VE
Specific Plugin for Autodesk Revit and Trimble SketchUp and BIM Interoperability Navigator
– Full solar penetration analysis
– New Feature: Solar intensity visualisation
– Pre-processing simulation for Dynamic Thermal Modelling
– Tabular room edit – import and export Room Data from excel
– Formulae profiles – ramp, step, multi variable control using simulation results. Time steps down to 1 minute
– Integrated HVAC / Natural Ventilation model – no post processing
– Optimisation (under development)
ApacheHVAC uses a flexible schematic component-based approach that enables you to quickly assemble detailed HVAC plant and control systems.
Radiance IES VE
– Luminance & Illuminance calculations, glare and daylight assessment
– Inclusion of Component Library information
– Inclusion of Luminaire data from LightPro
– Place light sensors enables daylighting control to be integrated with ApacheSim Energy Modelling
– Calculation of infiltration based on internal /external pressure regime + Visualisation in VistaPro
– Natural ventilation assessment through windows / doors
– Coupled to ApacheHVAC enables true mixed mode assessment
– Utilises Performance Components: Monodraught wind-catchers
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
– Predict Complex Air Flow Inside and Around Buildings
– Visual Results
– Comfort Analysis
– Ventilation Airflow Analysis
– Wind Pattern Studies
Automated credit assessments across Daylighting, Comfort, Water, Renewables, Alternative transport, Parking, Open Spaces, Storm Water, Heat Island, Water Efficiency landscaping, Controllability of Systems, and Views.
ASHRAE 90.1 NAVIGATOR (LEED Energy)
Makes LEED Energy Modeling straightforward.
Automatically creates baseline buildings.
Automatically selects and sizes baseline HVAC systems.
Simulates all proposed and baselines to produce submission reportage
– Online project management platform to manage and automate the certification process for LEED and BREEAM certification
– Direct connection to the USGBC LEEDonline platform for templates automated filling