Integrated home renovation service
The project will develop and replicate an integrated home renovation service which will be initially operated in 3 EU countries – France, Ireland and Spain. It builds upon two existing French services from EP (Nantes) and Operene targeted at single-family and multi-family housing renovation, respectively. Both of these integrated services are industry-driven and currently operated without public subsidies.
The TURNKEY RETROFIT service will be developed as a home-owner-centric renovation journey, which will transform the complex and fragmented renovation process into a simple, straightforward and attractive process for the home-owner.
It will include the initial technical and behavioral diagnosis, technical offer, contract development and agreement, structuring and provision of financial support, as well as the on-site coordination of works and quality assurance.
It will be a service-oriented model where the home-owner is offered tailor-made solutions through the whole customer journey.
The service will be accessible through a user-friendly digital platform and it will address drivers of building renovation that go beyond a desire to reduce energy bills and increase asset value, such as home improvement, increased comfort, enhanced health & quality of life.
This project has received funding from EU H2020 program under grant agreement n°839134
The project expected to leverage a 335M€ investment pipeline for home renovation within the first 5 years (approximately 14 700 dwellings renovated, leading to 96,6 GWh/year Primary energy savings triggered) beyond the end of the project.
More specific impacts are listed below:
- Implementation and upscale of economically viable business models, ultimately running without the need for public subsidies. Data evidence made available to market actors. Proof of the replication of these initiatives by other market actors;
- Availability of adequate financing offer for integrated renovation services;
- Strong and trustworthy partnerships with local actors (e.g. SMEs, ESCOs, financial institutions, energy agencies, NGOs) and quality of the proposed services recognized by market actors;
- Development of large, locally-developed investment pipelines for home renovation, connecting the supply of finance with demand for it (in million Euro of investments within the first 5 years);
- Uptake of home energy renovation at local level and corresponding primary energy savings triggered (in GWh/year).
- Reduction of the greenhouse gases emissions (in tCO2-eq/year) triggered by the project.