Heat-to-Fuel will deliver the next generation of biofuel production technologies towards the de-carbonisation of the transportation sector. Heat-to-Fuel will achieve competitive prices for biofuel technologies (<1€/l) while delivering higher fuel qualities and significantly reduced life-cycle GHG reductions. Heat-to-fuel will result in increased Energy production savings (>20%) and enhanced EU’s energy security by the use of local feedstocks which in turn ensured local jobs are preserved and increased.
This project has received funding from EU H2020 programme under GA nº 764675
Motivation & Impact
In numbers, Heat-to-fuel aims to:
- Deliver cost-competitive technologies achieving biofuel prices below €1 per litre. This is achieved by a 20% cost reduction in the biofuel production processes;Deliver cost-competitive technologies achieving biofuel prices below €1 per litre. This is achieved by a 20% cost reduction in the biofuel production processes;
- Increase the quality of the biofuel resulting in 5% life-cycle green-house gases emissions reduction;
- Contribute to delivering goals of EU’s energy security by increasing the share of local resources used for producing energy, and thus reducing EU’s dependency of energy’s imports;
- Support local economies by generating 80-100 direct and 250 indirect jobs each time a new Heat-to-Fuel biorefinery is built;
- Prove the technological feasibility and economic worthiness of the concept acting as a catalyst of future industrial units.
Role of R2M
R2M focuses on achieving the maximum exploitation and impact, while safeguarding the interests of all industrial partners.