Mohamed is a professional architect and engineer with substantial experience in Architectural Design, BIM & Design Management, and Sustainable Design, as well as a particular interest in Building Informatics and Data Science. Besides his degree in Architecture, Mohamed also holds a degree in Building Engineering from the Politecnico Di Milano in Italy, to link his architectural design skills to information management and sustainable design with a focus on energy optimization and facade engineering. He brings his essential experiences with the built environment to the design and construction processes to realize better buildings.
As a member of several prestigious firms, Mohamed has worked on a wide range of projects around the world, including high-rise and large-scale building projects, where he has created and participated in the design and development stages. During his previous experience as a project architect and design manager, he had the opportunity to join very important and critical projects with a very tight schedule that required high management skills and job accuracy.
Mohamed works in R2M as R&D Project Manager, BIM Manager, Sustainable Design Specialist. His main area of activity is:
- R&D Project manager in BIM4Ren H2020 research project.
- BIM Manager, Leading the Consultancy and Construction Digitization activities (Scanning and Mixed Reality applications)
- Building Performance Analysis, Energy Modelling, Daylight simulation and CFD analysis
- Development of sustainable architecture consulting and design, Support Sustainable Design analysis and LEED/BREEAM/WELL Project administration and Support compliance reporting.
- Assist clients, engineers and contractors with sustainable design and digitalization implementation.
- Architectural design support to Onyx Solar client design requests (Italy & France)
- Contribution to other H2020 projects 4RinEU, SPHERE and Nature4Cities
- Training and consultancy to GreenPass software and GreenPass certifications in Italy, promoting and evaluating the use of Natural Based Solution and Green Infrastructure.