Motivation & Impact
The Green Deal strategy, which aims to halt environmental degradation, calls for appropriate measures at many levels: from legislative changes to initatives in specific sectors. A particularly important sector is the construction industry which provides 18 million direct jobs and contributes to about 9% of the EU’s GDP. By making the sector more competitive, resource efficient and sustainable it will significantly contribute to green transformations and to achieving the EU targets.
Amongst INSTRUCT impacts, the crucial ones are:
– Quantitative and qualitative evidences that corroborate the correlation between skills and education and energy performance and quality;
– A set of tools and instruments facilitating the mutual recognition of energy skills and qualifications in the construction sector;
– Real-world demonstrations of the usefulness and ease of use of the deployed instruments for recognition of energy skills and qualifications;
– Dissemination and awareness raising actions in consortium members countries, scaled up to the wider Europe;
– New legislative frameworks enabling reliance on skilled workers in public/private procurement.
Role of R2M