Motivation & Impact
REACT will deliver a scalable and adaptable cloud-based ICT platform for planning and management of RES and storage enabled infrastructures supporting a holistic cooperative energy management strategy at the community level in geographical islands. The project will focus at community level and make synergies between different networks and integration with local micro-grids into the energy system by:
– optimization of multi-carrier (electricity, gas, transport) energy dispatching
– holistic cooperative demand response strategy (automated and manual)
– integration and testing with innovative energy storage technologies
– synergy of different energy grids in islands
– deployment of advanced decision support tools
– season independent community engagement.
The solutions identified will be piloted on three demo islands with different market context and climate – La Graciosa (ES), San Pietro (IT) and Aran Islands (IE) to validate technical and commercial viability which will be followed for scale-up and large-scale replication by Gotlan Island (SE), Lesvos (EL) Isle of Wight (UK), Mallorca (ES) and Reunion Island (FR). REACT will bring energy savings, carbon emission and energy cost reduction, tangible benefits to grid operators and energy providers and to final consumers and island communities whilst providing a replicable solution through effective and innovative business models, by making the synergy of grid-and community-centric approaches fully compliant with contemporary regulatory and legal aspects, applying suitable data security and protection measures.
Role of R2M